Custom Search

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Removing Fast Browser Search



I know that some of you have already encountered this annoying "fast browser search" residing in your mozilla firefox default page. I have experienced it myself and it's really annoying because everytime I open a new tab, there it is wasting  my time waiting for it load the page. Well, it's all over after I have done some research, and I'm here to guide you on how to get rid of it.


First go to your control panel and uninstall Fast Browser Search and My Web Tattoo then launch firefox and go to Add-ons under Tools, remove Fast Browser Search and My Web Tattoo if there's any.


Then go to Firefox address box and type in about:config




On Filter type fast and it will show you all the fast browser search entries, right click each entry and reset. You're not sure yet if all the crap has been removed so type again fbs and do the same step. 


Exit the browser and go to your local drive (drive c: in default) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\ and C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\. Look for the files below and replace the extension name to .old

fbstoolbar.jar change to fbstoolbar.old
fbstoolbar.manifest change to fbstoolbar.old
fast.xml change to fast.old
fast.png change to fast.old

That's it and enjoy browsing!



No comments:

Post a Comment